Canine Cardiac Support Supplement Benefits
- High palatability for both dogs and cats
- Strengthens heart muscle
- Improved circulation and oxygenation of tissues and brain
- Regulation of blood pressure through liver and kidneys
- An abundant source of taurine
- Elimination of systemic inflammation
- Reduction of cardiac based coughing and hacking
- Source of critical or deficient minerals and vitamins
- Strengthening of muscles associated with urinary incontinence.
- Life-changing improvements for senior dogs.
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy and other holistic veterinarians use Canine Cardiac Support in cases of:
- Heart murmurs
- Valve disorders
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Blood circulation disfunction, such as cool paws
- Congestive heart failure
- Heartworm Infections & Treatment
- Blood vessel fragility
- Splotchy skin colors
- Long term management of heartworm infection and tick-borne diseases
DR. CANDY'S PRO-TIP: Small dogs often get heart murmurs in their senior years. This may display as cloudiness or confusion or almost dementia-like symptoms. It can also result in most of the time spent sleeping. I have seen many small dogs regain energy and playfulness when adding this heart support supplement. In some cases, this nutritional support may reduce the progression of those heart murmur conditions.
More About Canine Cardiac Support
The heart is at the center of the cardiovascular system, which is a complex, coordinated group of organs and tissues. Nutritional support for the cardiovascular system also includes the other organs that support the heart such as the liver, kidneys, and digestive system.
Canine Cardiac Support provides nutrients that:
- Support optimal cardiac function
- Support normal function of the muscle-cells*
Indications for Use:
- General cardiac support
- Patients with increased cardiac demand or conditions that increase cardiac workload
Suggested Use: Stated amounts depend on dose.
|Servings per Container: 60|
|Amount per Serving%Daily Value|
|L-carnitine, bovine liver, bovine heart PMG™ extract, rice bran, bovine kidney, bovine orchic extract, organic beet (root), defatted wheat germ, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, selenium yeast, ribonucleic acid, wheat germ oil, bovine pancreas Cytosol™ extract, veal bone PMG™ extract, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, calcium lactate, hawthorn (berry), organic carrot, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, nutritional yeast, organic pea vine juice powder, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), oat flour, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, inositol, choline bitartrate, porcine brain, and ascorbic acid.|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established.
Calcium 0.3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
Sodium 3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
Selenium 4 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
Calcium 1 mg / 1/2 teaspoon
Sodium 12 mg / 1/2 teaspoon
Selenium 18 mcg / 1/2 teaspoon
How to Administer
Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the formula according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
|1-10 lbs||1/8 teaspoon once per day|
|11-20 lbs||1/8 teaspoon twice per day|
|21-40 lbs||1/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|41-60 lbs||1/2 teaspoon twice per day|
|61-80 lbs||3/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|>80 lbs||1 teaspoon twice per day|
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from superfoods, they are "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.