Canine Thyroid Support Benefits
- Balances multiple hormone systems
- Increased energy and metabolism (if needed)
- Weight loss (if needed)
- Improved mood
- Modulates your pet’s own thyroid hormone manufacturing
- Faster physical recovery, especially skin and muscles
- May help neutralize auto-immune component of thyroid disease
- Packed with whole complex vitamins and minerals
- Thicker hair coat and decreased shedding
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy and other holistic veterinarians use Canine Thyroid Support Supplement in cases of:
- Hypothyroidism (mostly dogs)
- Severe stress and anxiety
- Hyperthyroidism (mostly cats)
- Thyroid gland hyperplasia
- Post thyroidectomy
DR. CANDY'S PRO-TIP: I use Standard Process Canine Thyroid Support in most of my thyroid cases. It helps in cases of high thyroid (mostly cats) and low thyroid (mostly dogs). This supplement does not stimulate or suppress thyroid hormone production, it only helps to heal the glandular tissue and balance what your pet needs.
More About Canine Thyroid Support
The endocrine system has an interesting web of interactions with different organs in the body, and the thyroid gland plays a major role.
Canine Thyroid Support:
- Provides critical trace nutrient support for the thyroid gland*
- Supports glands and tissues that interact with the thyroid, including the adrenals and liver
- Supports all aspects of thyroid function*
Indications for Use:
- General thyroid support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), bovine liver, bovine orchic extract, bovine adrenal, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) (shellfish), Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), calcium lactate, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, sunflower lecithin, porcine ovary PMG™ extract, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, kelp, wheat germ oil, bovine bone, rice bran, organic pea vine juice powder, defatted wheat germ, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, bovine heart PMG™ extract, ribonucleic acid, porcine duodenum, oat flour, porcine brain, calcium glycerophosphate, and ascorbic acid.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
How to Administer
Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as directed.
|1-10 lbs||1/8 teaspoon once per day|
|11-20 lbs||1/8 teaspoon twice per day|
|21-40 lbs||1/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|41-60 lbs||1/2 teaspoon twice per day|
|61-80 lbs||3/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|>80 lbs||1 teaspoon twice per day|
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from superfoods, they are "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.