Calcifood® Wafers by Standard Process - Whole Body Health
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Calcifood® By Standard Process
- Calcifood® supports calcium absorption.*
- Helps the body build strong, healthy bones
- Adequate calcium as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis in later life*
- Excellent source of calcium
Main Benefits of Calcifood® by Standard Process:
- Promotes Healthy Bone Development: Standard Process Calcifood® provides a natural source of calcium and phosphorus, which are essential minerals for healthy bone development.
- Supports Dental Health: Calcium is also crucial for maintaining strong teeth and preventing tooth decay, making Standard Process Calcifood® a valuable supplement for dental health.
- Aids in Muscle and Nerve Function: Calcium is essential for proper muscle and nerve function, and Standard Process Calcifood's® whole-food blend contains additional nutrients that can support these systems.
- May Help Prevent Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a condition that can lead to weakened bones and fractures. Standard Process Calcifood®'s unique blend of nutrients, including calcium and phosphorus, can support bone health and may help prevent the development of osteoporosis.
Dr. Candy and Other Practitioners Use Calcifood® For:
- Hypothyroidism: Holistic practitioners may use Pituitrophin PMG to support the health and function of the pituitary gland, which plays a key role in regulating the thyroid gland.
- Adrenal fatigue: Pituitrophin PMG may be used to support the adrenal glands, which can help to alleviate symptoms of adrenal fatigue such as fatigue, brain fog, and mood swings.
- Menopause: The hormonal support provided by Pituitrophin PMG may be helpful in managing symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, mood swings, and sleep disturbances.
- Growth disorders: Pituitrophin PMG may be used to support the healthy growth and development of children with growth disorders.
Calcifood® Side Effects:
The vast majority of users report few if any side effects.
Where Do I Buy Standard Process Calcifood®?
- You can buy Standard Process products on this page.
- No exam, consult, or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account.
- Additionally we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Is Standard Process Calcifood® gluten free?
No, Calcifood® Wafers, manufactured by Standard Process are NOT gluten free. They are however Dairy Free and Soy Free.
Supplement Facts and Ingredients:
3 wafers contain:
- Calories 10
- Total carbohydrate 2 g
- Total Sugars 2 g
- Calcium 290 mg
- Phosphorus 80 mg
Calcifood Wafers Ingredients: Veal bone, defatted wheat germ, date powder, organic carrot, and rice bran
Other Ingredients: Honey, dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, bovine bone, calcium stearate, and acacia gum. Contains: Wheat.
Suggested Use: Three wafers per day, with a meal, or as directed. This product should be chewed then swallowed.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (3 Wafers) contains: Calories 10, Total carbohydrate 2 g, Total Sugars 2 g, Calcium 290 mg, Phosphorus 80 mg. Proprietary Blend 1,325 mg: Veal bone, defatted wheat germ, date powder, organic carrot, and rice bran. Other Ingredients: Honey, dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, bovine bone, calcium stearate, and acacia gum. Contains: Wheat.
What our patients say:
When diagnosed as having osteoporsis, I was told to take calcium supplements. However, standard calcium tablets are composed of rocks or shells, both being foreign and detrimental to the body. This bone meal supplement is recommended by our chiropractor as being a natural supplement that actually builds up a person's bones. The wafers are easy to chew and swallow, and the taste is okay after one gets accustomed to it. :)
Verified : Yes
As this is a canine calcium supplement, it is difficult to rate flavor or effectiveness. My pup eats it like a treat, so it must taste pretty good. In terms of value, it is cheaper than the vet charges. Growing dogs need calcium. What’s not to like?
Verified : Yes
This is by far the best bone support anywhere. Been on it for many years. I'm 55 and bone density tests are still excellent. People who need teeth implants but not a strong enough bone to do it can take it for a month or two and be able to have the implants. Really good stuff!! Great solid tried and true company!!
Verified : Yes
Calicifood is the only product on the market that has not been boiled to death, therefore all of the nutrition is still in the wafer! The greasy bones used to make this product are dried with wheat germ; no heat or chemicals are used. The wafers consist of raw bone with the marrow. This is nutrition that your bones need! I have been using the joint protocol program from Standard Process, that includes this product, and my joint pain is definitely better!!
Verified : Yes
Standard Process makes a variety of products which I have used successfully. Calcifood is unique in that it is composed of real bone
including marrow. The tablets have just a bit of honey added so they taste pleasantly sweet. I know of no other product that maintains and restores bone health as quickly and effectively.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Calcifood®?
No significant side effects have been reported by patients taking this supplement. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
How many Calcifood® should I take?
Is Calcifood® Gluten Free?
Where to buy Standard Process Calcifood®?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page rightHERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Standard Process Calcifood® expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Calcifood® to work?
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.