Feline Immune System Support by Standard Process | Protect Your Cats Immune System Naturally
Here I have completed another review that goes over some important info about Standard Process Feline Immune Support Supplement. I've used this product in a wide variety of cases. Everything from icky eye goo to FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis). This article is a reflection of my own personal view based on my experiences both good and bad.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Feline Immune Support For:
- Feline Aids (FIV)
- Feline Leukemia (FELV)
- Recurring Herpes
- Periods of stress / boarding
- Newborn / bottle fed kittens
- Stray cats
- Feline acne
Feline Immune Support Benefits:
- Faster response and return to health of any infection or disease
- Reduction of eye discharge
- Provides essential nutrients that are depleted by infection
- Protects the body from parasites found in dead birds and mice
- Improved healing from abscesses
- Balances anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory fats
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Kittens from the streets or out of animal shelters are very susceptible to upper respiratory infections. These infections are both bacterial and viral. Adding Standard Process Feline Immune Support to wet food helps these young pets overcome immune system deficiencies and restore a solid foundation of health.
More About Feline Immune System Support
The immune system is a complex array of cells that are found throughout the body. Immune cells are designed to work in conjunction with other immune cells to provide a defense against unwanted invaders. The complexity of the immune system requires a multidimensional approach of nutritional factors. Nutritional support of the immune system is directed at facilitating normal function and is not intended to be suppressive or stimulating.
Feline Immune System Support:
- Provides nutritional and biochemical support for healthy immune cells and tissues
- Supports optimal immune system function
Indications for Use:
- General immune system support
- Colder climates or during the fall / winter months
- When kenneled or in a shelter
Feline Formulas Can Be Administered In A Variety Of Ways, Including:
- Whole tablet or crushed
- Dosed directly or mixed with food
- Cautiously, as a powder suspended in water given by oral syringe
- To familiarize the cat with the supplement, it may be helpful to place one tablet beside the food bowl for two or three days prior to mixing the tablet with the food.
- The feline patient should receive one tablet two times per day, or as directed.
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1 Tablet) contains: Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), bovine liver, L-glutamine, porcine jejunum, bovine orchic Cytosol™ extract, ribonucleic acid, amla extract, bovine spleen PMG™ extract, bovine thymus Cytosol™ extract, bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract, organic pea vine juice powder, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, porcine hypothalamus Cytosol™ extract, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, bovine kidney, oat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, copper amino acid (rice) chelate, iron amino acid (rice) chelate, zinc amino acid (rice) chelate, kelp, and bovine pancreas PMG™ extract. Other Ingredients: Honey, maltodextrin, and calcium stearate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Potassium (min) 3.5 mg / tablet, Iron (min) 140 mcg / tablet, Copper (min) 20 mcg / tablet, Zinc (min) 70 mcg / tablet
What our patients say:
I've used both the Feline Immune System Support and the Feline Whole Body Support (as well as the Canine variety) from Standard Process and couldn't be happier. Any time one of my cats is looking a little green around the gills, we add this to their diet and they usually perk up within a week or so. I highly recommend looking at the company website to read about the product, just so you know more about what you're getting, and dosage, etc. But, I think it's fair to say that most cats will see improved immune system support with this supplement. Highly Recommended.
Verified : Yes
Our kitty has Feline Leukemia. Her lymphocytes climbed very high. Our vet recommended Standard Process Feline Immune System Support and interferon. We have given her the Standard Process every day for the past four months. We grind it up and mix it with chicken broth to administer with an eye dropper. We wanted to assure that she got her daily dose. Her lymphocytes have dropped by 5000. The interferon is not an end all. We believe that the Standard Process has contributed greatly to her recovery.
Verified : Yes
These were recommended to me from my vet. I have been giving them to my 11 year old male cat who is FIV positive for about six months. He shows no outward signs of FIV so it's hard to say if these made a difference but I feel that anything to help boost his immune stem is a good thing. Who knows, he might be showing signs if I didn't use them but for now he looks and acts like a healthy cat. :)
Verified : Yes
My elderly (16 yr. old) Siames has suffered from multiple allergies for years. Immume support seems to improve his overall health, helps calm the allergies, and gives him more energy. I heartily recommend this product!
Verified : Yes
My cat struggles with itchy skin and coat. When she is on this her coat gleams and no itching! Plus she eats it with out fuss. I just crumble it in her food. Works Great!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1 tablet every 12 hours or as directed by your holistic veterinarian
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.