Feline Enteric Support by Standard Process | A Healthy GI System for Your Cat
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Feline Enteric Support For:
- Chronic vomiting
- Poor appetite
- Regurgitation of undigested food
- After extended courses of antibiotics
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Kidney disease resulting in constipation
- Obstruction / foreign body removal
- String foreign body like ribbon, tinsel, string and rubber bands
- Kittens with GI parasites
- Recovery from malnutrition (common in strays)
Feline Enteric Support Benefits
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Battle diabetes Type I and Type II
- Restore gut health after appropriate diets with corn, wheat and soy
- Boost the immune system
- Reduce dry skin and coat problems like severe dandruff
- Improve protein and fat digestion / absorption
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and mineral
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: As a holistic veterinarian, I see a ton of cases where chronic inflammation of the digestive tract results in vomiting, regurgitation and frequent hairballs. Many cases of chronic or intermittent vomiting are caused by cats being fed a diet that is not biologically appropriate. Cats are carnivores and high quantities of grains and other plant materials create chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation, if not addressed can lead to disease conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease and gastrointestinal lymphoma.
More About Feline Enteric Support:
Feline Enteric Support contains a variety of functional foods, both plant and animal, that "feed" the various components of the digestive system to:
- Provide general digestive system support
- Support the ability of intestinal cells to function, regenerate, and respond to daily metabolic and immune challenges
Indications for Use:
- General enteric support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
- Hepatic patients in need of additional enteric support
Feline Formulas Can Be Administered In A Variety Of Ways, Including:
- Whole tablet or crushed
- Dosed directly or mixed with food
- Cautiously, as a powder suspended in water given by oral syringe
- To familiarize the cat with the supplement, it may be helpful to place one tablet beside the food bowl for two or three days prior to mixing the tablet with the food.
- The feline patient should receive one tablet two times per day, or as directed.
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1 tablet) contains: Porcine jejunum, bovine liver, procine stomach, L-glutamine, porcine duodenum, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, defatted wheat germ, rice bran, nutritional yeast, bovine kidney, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, New Zealand green mussel (Perna canaliculus) (shellfish), veal bone PMG™ extract, and fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed. Other Ingredients: Honey and calcium stearate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Manganese (min) 3.5 mcg / tablet
What our patients say:
Having been a Standard Process supplement user off and on for several years, I decided to try SP's Feline Enteric Support for my dear and wonderful 15-year old male. I have to be extremely careful with him, i.e., no grains (except oats), no fish and mostly wet food. This has made a difference in just the last month. I will continue to buy this product for my younger cat and any other cats I have in the future. Thank you.
Verified : Yes
If your cat has tummy problems (IBS, hairballs, etc.), this is a great product. It helps keep your cat's digestive system in good shape. I use it as a "treat," and my cat willingly takes it.
Verified : Yes
Seems to help my cat with a sensitive stomach. He was leaving skid marks on everything and had runny diarrhea. Now it's more solid and he doesn't leave the skid marks (yay!). All of my cats like the odor and taste.
Verified : Yes
My cat, who was 15 years old at the time, had a little bit of blood on top of her poop a few times. Concerned, we brought her to the vet and she recommended this product. After her being on it for maybe a couple weeks or so, she had no more blood in her poop at all! And still, 6 months later, she hasn't had any issues with it. I am so happy that this product was able to help her and would definitely recommend it for someone else's cat who is having similar issues.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Feline Enteric Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
How much Enteric Support should my cat take?
- One tablet every 12 hours or as directed by your holistic veterinarian.
Where to buy Standard Process Enteric Hepatic Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Feline Hepatic Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Feline Hepatic Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.