Standard Process Feline Hepatic Support | Natural Liver Health for Your Cat
As a practicing holistic veterinarian, I just wanted to let everyone know that this is my personal review. A review based on using this supplement for over 7 years.
I'll go over how much to give, how to administer, ingredients and other nutrition details. By the end you will know if this supplement could help your cat's health.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Feline Hepatic Support For:
- Toxic overload of vaccines, dewormers and flea / tick preventatives
- Vomiting of bile
- Unusually smelly stools
- Soft stools and diarrhea
- Recovery from anesthetic procedure
- Stressful events
- Sudden / dramatic change in diet
- Hyperthyroid irradiation treatments
- Administration of chemotherapy
- Viral infections like feline herpes or calicivirus
Feline Hepatic Support Benefits
- Reduction of kidney workload
- Improve digestion
- Boosts the immune system
- Maintain night vision
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Kidney disease is extremely common in cats. I use Standard Process Feline Hepatic Support in most cases of kidney disease. As the kidneys lose function, added detox and filtration work is added onto the liver.
More About Feline Hepatic Support:
The liver is a complex organ that interacts with most organs in the body, including the intestinal tract, cardiovascular system, kidneys, and autonomic nervous system. Nutritional support for the liver must address these interactions to be effective.
Feline Hepatic Support Is Formulated To Support:
- Liver metabolism
- Hepatic circulation, bile production and flow
- Hepatic immune function
Indications For Use:
- General hepatic support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
Feline Formulas Can Be Administered In A Variety Of Ways, Including:
- Whole tablet or crushed
- Dosed directly or mixed with food
- Cautiously, as a powder suspended in water given by oral syringe
- To familiarize the cat with the supplement, it may be helpful to place one tablet beside the food bowl for two or three days prior to mixing the tablet with the food.
- The feline patient should receive one tablet two times per day, or as directed.
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1 Tablet) contains: Bovine liver PMG™ extract, bovine liver, bovine kidney, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, L-glutamine, porcine stomach, amla extract, bovine bone, organic pea vine juice powder, porcine duodenum, New Zealand green mussel (Perna canaliculus) (shellfish), organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, defatted wheat germ, oat flour, bovine kidney PMG™ extract, nutritional yeast, bovine liver fat extract (yakriton), bovine adrenal, organic SP beet blend (organic swiss chard juice powder, organic beet (root), organic beet (leaf) juice powder), milk thistle extract (80% silymarins), choline bitartrate, inositol, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, rice bran, enzymatically processed Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides) and beet (root), copper amino acid (rice) chelate, iron amino acid (rice) chelate, and zinc amino acid (rice) chelate. Other Ingredients: Honey, maltodextrin, and calcium stearate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 7 mg / tablet, Chloride (min) 7 mg / tablet, Iron (min) 150 mcg / tablet, Copper (min) 15 mcg / tablet, Zinc (min) 21 mcg / tablet
What our patients say:
A holistic vet suggested your products, what a God send. This review will give 5 stars to your hepatic (liver support) and your renal support ( kidney) these products have transformed my cats health, along with a kidney supported raw diet. Thank you!
Verified : Yes
Great product! Vet recommended for my older kitty. Terrific service. Thanks!
Verified : Yes
I used this product along with Kidney Support and I noticed a big difference in my cat who was diagnosed at 14 years old back in 2013. He took these products until he was almost 18 and along with the vet support from Standard Process, I know without a doubt that it extended by boy's life and added quality. His lab results stayed the same and even improved a bit. I highly recommend.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- One tablet every 12 hours or as directed by your holistic veterinarian.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.