The equine gastrointestinal (GI) tract is an extensive set of organs that must efficiently function together to support adequate nutrition for the horse to maintain a cooperative working attitude and pleasant disposition. Horses experiencing a challenge to the GI tract may or may not display a perceivable change in behavior, eating patterns, or performance.
Equine GI Support contains a variety of whole food and other ingredients that may support:
- Liver and GI tract detoxification pathways
- Lining of the intestinal wall
- Healthy bacterial populations in the hindgut
- Oxidation processes
Indications for Use
- Horses in training
- Horses with limited access to pasture
- Horses experiencing a change in routine
- Horses that travel
- Horses with limited turnout
Brussel sprouts, kale, chamomile†, inulin, L-glutamine, and vitamin E
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
1/4 cup (30 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
Caution: For equine use only. Keep out of reach of children.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (1/4 cup) contains: Whey (milk protein) powder, flax meal, L-glutamine, inulin, rice protein powder, Brussels sprouts (whole plant), kale (whole plant), calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, buckwheat (leaf), chamomile extract, choline bitartrate, inositol, alfalfa (whole plant) juice powder, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E sunflower), sunflower lecithin powder, grape (seed) extract, carrot (root) powder, and red wine extract.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.