Standard Process Equine Immune | System Booster Supplements
Equine Immune Support Developed by Standard Process helps fight active infections as well as prevent illness. Stressful situations such as traveling, social changes and extreme weather can cause a dip in your horse's immune system. Herbs like turmeric and three types of mushrooms deliver a big boost for short term immune response. Additionally, whole food ingredients packed with vitamins and minerals, strengthens the whole immune system to help prevent future illness.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Standard Process Equine Immune Support
Training, competition, travel, environmental factors, and lack of turnout combined with age, diet, and stress level may present challenges to the immune system in any season. Some horses may react to those challenges by exhibiting subtle or not-so-subtle changes in behavior, depending on the temperament, personality, and or management of the animal.
Equine Immune Support encourages and supports the innate and adaptive immune response that is necessary for the health, performance, and stamina of the horse. The formula includes an array of ingredients derived from functional foods that may support:*
- Immune-cell signaling
- Antioxidant activities
- Cell integrity*
Indications for Use:
- Horses with limited turnout
- Horses under bouts of stress
- Horses enduring environmental changes
- Traveling horses
- Horses experiencing a change in routine
How to Administer
Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
For equine use only. Keep all supplements out of the reach of children and other animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health care professional immediately.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals for breeding has not been proven.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Ingredients: Whey protein (milk), turmeric (root) powder, organic flax meal, L-glutamine, rice protein, yeast culture, turmeric (root) extract, organic turkey tail mushroom powder, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, organic buckwheat (aerial parts), organic kale (aerial parts), organic brussels sprouts (aerial parts), choline bitartrate, inositol, organic dried alfalfa (aerial parts) juice, dried yeast fermentate (EpiCor®), sunflower lecithin powder, cholecalciferol, sucrose, grape (seed) extract, starch, carrot (root), vitamin A palmitate, and red wine extract.
Key Ingredients: L-glutamine, turmeric, mushrooms, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D, and yeast cultures† (Saccharomyces boulardii)
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
What our patients say:
My mare was suffering from sweet itch. The bugs were really causing a poor immune response. I started her on SP and within 2 weeks she was itch free. This mare was extremely sensitive to touch with itch and it's now gone. I did miss a month due to not wanting to spend the money. That was a bad move! She started to itch again. I bought more SP and within 2 weeks she was itch free again. I love SP! I also use it for myself and my family. It's our first go to for just about everything. Bringing the body back to baseline in humans and animals.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the horse gets a large dose. It is recommended to start with a small amount and mix into feed. Gradually increase to full dose
- Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.