Standard Process Equine GI | Equine Digestive Supplements - Horse Health
Equine GI Support developed by Standard Process is one of the most well-rounded horse supplements out there. If you want a high quality and delicious nutritional equine gut supplement, look no further! This combination of whole superfoods keeps your horse's digestive tract strong and balanced.
Organically grown vegetables help to remove inflammation and contribute anti-cancer properties. Inulin is a pre-biotic that feeds good bacteria. The strengthened beneficial bacteria help to black and out-compete harmful bacteria such as E.coli. Also, chamomile calms the stomach and balances gastric mobility.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Standard Process Equine GI Support
The equine gastrointestinal (GI) tract is an extensive set of organs that must efficiently function together to support adequate nutrition for the horse to maintain a cooperative working attitude and pleasant disposition. Horses experiencing a challenge to the GI tract may or may not display a perceivable change in behavior, eating patterns, or performance.Equine GI Support contains a variety of whole food and other ingredients that may support:
- Liver and GI tract detoxification pathways
- The lining of the intestinal wall
- Healthy bacterial populations in the hindgut
- Oxidation processes*
Indications for Use:
- Horses in training
- Horses with limited access to pasture
- Horses experiencing a change in routine
- Horses that travel
- Horses with limited turnout
How to Administer
Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
For equine use only. Keep all supplements out of the reach of children and other animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health care professional immediately.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals for breeding has not been proven.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Whey (milk protein)powder, flax meal, L-glutamine, inulin, rice protein powder, Brussels sprouts (whole plant), kale (whole plant), calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, buckwheat (leaf), chamomile extract, choline bitartrate, inositol, alfalfa (whole plant) juice powder, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E sunflower), sunflower lecithin powder, grape(seed) extract, carrot (root) powder, and red wine extract.
Key Ingredients: Brussel sprouts, kale, chamomile†, inulin, L-glutamine, and vitamin E
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
What our patients say:
This is a very light product that's easy to hide in a wet mash for those picky horses who refuse their supplements. My picky thoroughbred mare didn't sniff twice at her bucket when I offered it and gobbled every last bit. It was a win win product to add to her daily grain bucket. Being a middle aged, retired show horse she's worked and turned out lightly, living in a boarding facility so this was a perfect addition to her supplement regime.
Verified : Yes
My pony tends to get ulcery during show season. He gets UlcerGard when traveling and during the shows but I’d like to find something to supplement that on a daily basis. This supplement is definitely palatable, I mixed it with a few handfuls of wet grain, he slurped it right down and then licked the bowl. Will report back on the supplements efficiency after a few weeks.
Verified : Yes
I have noticed that the loose manure I usually see during very hot or stressful days has not appeared since I've been giving this to my equines. The ingredients are good quality, it smells great (almost like a fruit smoothie), and even my picky eaters have not turned up their noses at it. My little low-confidence mustang mare has seemed a bit braver the last couple of days. Maybe she's feeling better than usual. I mix it in soaked timothy pellets and it works fine, though.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the horse gets a large dose. It is recommended to start with a small amount and mix into feed. Gradually increase to full dose
- Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page rightHERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.