Standard Process - Equine Metabolic Syndrome Supplements
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Standard Process Equine Metabolic Support
Equine Metabolic Support includes a variety of whole food and other ingredients that may promote healthy metabolic processes of the horse by:
- Promoting healthy glucose metabolism
- Supporting healthy insulin function
- Providing plant-based ingredients that may promote antioxidant activity*
Indications for Use:
- Horses struggling with excess weight or fat deposits, especially on the rump or neck
- Horses who exhibit seasonal pasture sensitivities
- Horses struggling with changing insulin levels
How to Administer
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/4 cup) contains: Organic buckwheat flour, organic carrot, cinnamon, licorice (root), green tea (leaf) extract, organic cayenne pepper (Capsicum annuum), chromium yeast, and vanadium chelate (rice flour and L-aspartic acid).
Key Ingredients: Licorice root, cinnamon, cayenne (chili powder)†, buckwheat flour, green tea extract, chromium, and vanadium
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
What our patients say:
Great product. It is part of a protocol used with my mare who WAS laminitic. She is happily back grazing!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Equine Metabolic Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the horse gets a large dose. It is recommended to start with a small amount and mix into feed. Gradually increase to full dose
How much Equine Metabolic Support should my horse take?
- Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
Where to buy Standard Process Equine Metabolic Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Equine Metabolic Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Equine Metabolic Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.
Ask us a question