Standard Process Equine Performance - Train Harder, Recover Faster
Equine Performance Support by Standard Process has been used by hundreds of thousands of athlete and show teams. This supplement powers the elimination of inflammation from your horses body. It speeds up recovery from work and exercise. By removing the inflammatory messengers, muscles and tendons can heal faster and remain at optimal performance during training, showing and competing.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Standard Process Equine Performance Support
Equine Performance is a supplement for horses that may help in training, traveling, or competition by providing important energy & immune response substrates.*
Horses that train rigorously, travel, or compete may experience an inflammatory response, exercise-related muscle soreness, and oxidative stress. Diet, level and amount of exercise, age, and the nature of a training program are all factors that may play a role in maintaining a balance between oxidative stress and antioxidant status in the performance horse (1). Oxidative stress may be the result of decreased antioxidant activity, increased amounts of reactive oxygen species, or both (2). Horses in training may experience a physiological challenge and as a result will attempt to regain homeostasis through coordination of multiple organ systems (3). Dietary antioxidants may help the horse cope with rigorous athletic demands (4).
Equine Performance is a unique blend of whole foods and other ingredients that may help horses in training, traveling, or competition by:
- Providing important energy and immune response substrates*
- Supporting energy pathways
- Offering antioxidant support
- Providing ingredients that may support recovery from strenuous activity*
Indications for Use:
- Horses preparing for, participating in, or recovering from competition
- Horses preparing for, participating in, or recovering from travel
- Horses in demanding or rigorous training programs
How to Administer
Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
For equine use only. Keep all supplements out of the reach of children and other animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health care professional immediately.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals for breeding has not been proven.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Ingredients: Whey (milk) protein powder, flax meal, L-glutamine, glutamic acid, nutritional yeast, rice protein powder, tart cherry powder, ribonucleic acid, calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, selenium yeast (550 mcg selenium), buckwheat (leaf), Brussels sprouts (whole plant), kale (whole plant), choline bitartrate, inositol, barley (grass), alfalfa (whole plant) juice powder, sunflower lecithin powder, grape (seed) extract, carrot (root) powder, and red wine extract.
Key Ingredients: Glutamate, L-glutamine, selenium yeast (contains 550 micrograms organically bound selenium), ribonucleic acid, tart cherry
1. Williams, C. (2016). The effect of oxidative stress during exercise in the horse. Journal of Animal Science, 94(10), 4067-4075. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27898872.
2. Wong, D.M., Moore, R. M., and Brockus, C.W. (2012). Mechanisms of oxidative injury in equine disease. Compendium (Yardley, PA), 34(8), 6. Retrieved from http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/22935994.
3. McKeever, K. H. (2011). Endocrine alterations in the equine athlete: An update. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice, 27(1), 197-218. doi:10.1016/j.cveq.2011.01.001.
4. Williams, C. A., and Burk, A. O. (2012). Antioxidant status in elite three-day event horses during competition. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2012, 1-8. doi:10.1155/2012/572090.
What our patients say:
Great product. Easy to feed.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the horse gets a large dose. It is recommended to start with a small amount and mix into feed. Gradually increase to full dose
- Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.