Standard Process Equine Mobility | Horse Muscle & Joint Supplement
Equine Mobility Support designed and manufactured by Standard Process is well known in communities of equestrian athletics and competition. This highly affective formula combines traditional and modern joint support ingredients. Natural anti-inflammatory factors dramatically speeds healing. It reduces pain in older or retired horses. Horses often find themselves in mild or major mobility challenges. Equine Mobility Support helps horses big and small all across the musculoskeletal health spectrum.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Standard Process Equine Mobility Support
Equine joints inevitably suffer stress during daily riding, training, and competing and are expected to deteriorate as a result of the natural aging process (1). Horses are the longest-lived domesticated animal, with a potential life span of 40 years (2). Friction and load-bearing stress on a horse’s joints over time may affect comfort and performance, sometimes even before the signs are apparent.Equine Mobility Support is a unique blend of whole foods and other ingredients that may help both the performance and retired horse by:
- Promoting healthy joint function, flexibility, and mobility
- Supplying antioxidants
- Supporting a healthy inflammatory response*
Indications for Use:
- Horses in regular training
- Horses on rest due to a mobility challenge
- Geriatric or retired horses
How to Administer
Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
For equine use only. Keep all supplements out of the reach of children and other animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health care professional immediately.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals for breeding has not been proven.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Key Ingredients: Glucosamine sulfate (from shellfish), chondroitin (as chondroitin sulfate), wheat germ oil, organic flax meal, ginger (root)†
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
1. Van Weeren, P. R., and Back, W. (2016). Musculoskeletal disease in aged horses and its management. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice, 32(2), 229-247. doi:10.1016/j.cveq.2016.04.003.
2. Hansen, S., Baptiste, K. E., Fjeldborg, J., and Horohov, D. W. (2015). A review of the equine age-related changes in the immune system: comparisons between human and equine aging, with focus on lung-specific immune-aging. Ageing Research Reviews, 20, 11-23. doi:10.1016/j.arr.2014.12.002
What our patients say:
I had worked wonderfully for two of my Riding Academy horses. One is 19yrs old(2 scps a day) and the other is 22 yrs old (1scp per day). They are Hunter Jumpers and still even go off the Horsehsows with own Academy riders.
Highly recommend this product.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the horse gets a large dose. It is recommended to start with a small amount and mix into feed. Gradually increase to full dose
- Suggested Use: 1/4 cup (33 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.