Canine Adrenal Support By Standard Process | Stress & Anxiety Support For Dogs
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Adrenal Support For:
- Rescue and Rehoming
- Early Spay and Neuter
- Abuse / Trauma / Non-Specific Fear and Anxiety
- Separation Anxiety
- Long Term Steroid Use
- Irritable Bowel
- Cushing's Disease (Hyperadrenocorticism)
- Addison's Disease (Hypoadrenocorticism)
- Post Surgical Healing / Recovery (especially declawing)
- Thunderstorm and Firework Anxiety
- Loss of Important Pet or Person
- Diabetes Management
- Emotional / Inappropriate Urination and Defecation
- Divorce / Family Modifications
- Fear / PTSD causes of coprophagia
Canine Adrenal Support Benefits
- Rebuild the adrenal glands
- Balance stress hormones
- Naturally reduce anxiety
- Reduction of “Fight or Flight” uncertainty
- Address the underlying cause of some behavior problems
- Supportive healing vs Chemical Manipulation
- High palatability for both dogs and cats
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: I have seen fantastic results in cases where puppies or kittens were rescued, weaned early, separated from their mother, spayed and neutered at a young age, given multiple vaccines, and medications, transported to new locations, and placed into a new home. Situations like these happen all the time and result in stress that is physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. After this stressful event, I recommend all pets displaying general anxiety begin this supplement as soon as signs are noticed. The faster the response the better, as this can balance hormones and divert pathways to health problems, fear and aggression.
More About Canine Adrenal System Support
Canine Adrenal System Support is formulated to:
- Help the adrenal glands respond normally to stress and metabolic demands
- Support the glands' ability to rebuild and regenerate
- Provide vital nutritional support to related organs*
Indications for Use:
- Sudden stressful event or ongoing stress (internal or external)
- Signs of fatigue, reduced stamina, glucose intolerance, inflammatory response, and inadequate immune system functioning
- Clinical signs associated with adrenal stress
How to Administer
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/2 or 1/8 tsp.) contains: Bovine liver, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, black currant juice, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, porcine duodenum, defatted wheat germ, eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), nutritional yeast, organic carrot, wheat germ oil, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, veal bone PMG™ extract, bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract, organic pea vine juice powder, rice bran, bovine adrenal, bovine kidney, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, sea salt, oat flour, bovine orchic extract, bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, sunflower lecithin, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, kelp, and manganese glycerophosphate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 9 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
Our Border Collie mix had slowed down and we figured it was because she was getting older. Then we heard about Canine Adrenal Support and started adding it to her food. I didn't have high expectations but the results were amazing. Within a couple of weeks she had more energy, she started playing more with our younger dog, and she just seemed to be feeling better in general. I highly recommend this product.
Verified : Yes
My 11 year old dachshund was diagnosed with borderine Cushings. After spending tons of money the tests were inconclusive and vet wanted to run all the tests in 3⃣ months again. I researched this product and felt it could not hurt so first visit at a new vet we tested for Cushing it was a solid negative!!!!!! This stuff is amazing
Verified : Yes
This has literally been a life saver for my dog. Within 3 days of giving to him, he completely changed. He went from being so lethargic I thought he was going to die to bouncing around playing. It's been wonderful.
Verified : Yes
So far so good. My dog was diagnosed with atypical addison's disease and since giving her this supplement, her enzyme numbers have come down and her dosage of prednisone has been reduced. Will continue to use this supplement and hopefully have her off prednisone completely soon.
Verified : Yes
My dog has Cushing Disease, and the vet put her on this supplement and her numbers for her Cushing disease went down tremendously. You have to give it to your animal according to its weight. Great product!!!!
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Canine Adrenal Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
How much Canine Adrenal Support should my dog take?
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
Where to buy Standard Process Canine Adrenal Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page rightHERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Canine Adrenal Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Canine Adrenal Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.
Ask us a question