Canine Musculoskeletal Support By Standard Process | Strong Body, Healthy Joints
I can say in this review right off the bat, that Canine Musculoskeletal Support is the most effective joint support treatment that I have found. This review is based on my personal and professional experience of using this product on all kinds of situations over a period of 8 years.
There are a lot of options out there, but this whole-food nutritional supplement supports your pets mobility in a ton of ways. If your dog is suffering from arthritis or other joint issues, you should order this product now.
I always have a large bottle on hand because I can tell a difference right away if I run out of this product.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Musculoskeletal Support For:
- Back problems, IVDD
- MCL / ACL knee injuries
- Orthopedic surgery recovery
- Bone fractures
- Tick-Borne Disease
- Large and giant breed dogs
- Hip Dysplasia
- Body trauma
- Overweight pets
- Agility & working dogs
- Luxating patellas
- Heart weakness
- Senior pets
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hunting, sporting, showing dogs
Canine Musculoskeletal Support Benefits
- Decreased joint pain
- Repair tendons and ligaments
- Supplies important minerals
- May allow lower drug doses
- Prevent additional joint injuries
- Fast recovery from muscle pulls and sprains
- Strengthens joints
- Prepares strong foundation for large breed dogs
- Faster muscle gain
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: I love adding this musculoskeletal supplement for large and giant breed puppies. These added super-foods help to build strong bones and muscles that will bear high weight loads when the dog is fully grown.
More About Canine Musculoskeletal System Support
The canine musculoskeletal system has many components: bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, blood vessels, and organs that support these tissues including the liver, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
Canine Musculoskeletal System Support is formulated to:
- Support optimal musculoskeletal function*
- Provide a wide range of essential nutrients
- Help maintain optimal health and function*
Indications for Use:
- General growth support
- Performance/working animals
- Senior animals
How to Administer
Dose Schedule:Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Ingredients: Nutrients & Ingredients – Each Serving Size (1/8 or 1/2 teaspoon) contains: Veal bone PMG™ extract, Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata), New Zealand green mussel (Perna canaliculus)(shellfish), bovine trachea, bovine heart PMG™ extract, organic pea vine juice powder, oat flour, bovine liver, bovine adrenal, eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), bovine orchic Cytosol™ extract, maltodextrin, bovine kidney, organic carrot, sunflower lecithin powder, organic beet (root), black currant juice, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, porcine jejunum, porcine duodenum, organic SP beet blend (organic swiss chard juice powder, organic beet (root), organic beet (leaf) juice powder), wheat germ oil, bromelain, manganese lactate, cellulose, ribonucleic acid, defatted wheat germ, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), calcium lactate, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic reishi mushroom powder, organic shiitake mushroom powder, calcium glycerophosphate, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium lactate, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seeds, and enzymatically processed Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides) and beet (root).
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 4 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Magnesium (min) 225 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon, Manganese (min) 175 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
My 9 year old Corgi was suffering from some muscle soreness in his shoulder and neck. Started this powder after doing the vet's instructions and he seems to be moving great and very happy. Going to order a bigger bottle. Great stuff.
Verified : Yes
This product has been very helpful to my 14.5 yo dog. She was very stiff prior to incorporating this supplement, and now she moves so much better. I have used many Standard Process for myself for several years, but this was our first canine supplement. I wish I would have had them for other senior pets.
Verified : Yes
My rescue dog has 3 legs, a holistic vet recommended this to help him stay fit and healthy. I mix it with his food and he eats it without hesitating.
Verified : Yes
Excellent supplement for my great-danes.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.