Standard Process Canine Flex Support | Natural Joint Health
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Flex Support For:
- Athletic or agility training
- Senior / geriatric pets
- Canine Lyme Disease
- Other tick borne diseases
- IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease)
- Severe and painful joint disease
- Post-op orthopedic procedures
- Dog breeds with odd bone shapes (ie: Bulldogs, Basset Hounds, Dachshunds, etc)
- Hip Dysplasia
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Canine Flex Support Benefits
- Nutritional supplements can help prevent the progression of arthritis
- Ingredients help heal the underlying cause of arthritis - not just cover it up
- Supplies the proteins and minerals that can restore cartilage health
- Smoother circulation can help remove inflammation from joint capsules
- Helps reduce whole-body inflammation
- Natural and absorbable sources of glucosamine (no synthetics or additives)
- Can improve healing time of athletic and working dogs
- Keeps your dog active at any age
- Cartilage health improvements contribute to the reduction of pain
- May allow reduction of other medications
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Standard Process Canine Flex Support is an impressive joint supplement best fit for “early” senior pets. For example, a 9 year old Labrador Retriever is still very active but may be showing early signs of stiffness and arthritis. These yummy little wafers can help to prevent major arthritis down the road. It can stop the ongoing damage and inflammation.
More About Canine Flex System Support
Wear and tear of joints and surrounding tissues, especially in very active and aging dogs, can cause stiffness and trigger the body's normal inflammatory response function.
Canine Flex Support helps maintain healthy joint function, including support for the cartilage.* It provides nutrients that:
- Moderate the body's normal inflammatory response
- Provide potent natural antioxidants
- Support healthy immune modulation*
Indications for Use:
- Maintenance: especially for large breeds, performance dogs, and growing puppies
- Short- or long-term support: for any dog with joint challenges, especially for active or aging dogs
How to Administer
Dose Schedule:Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool. Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/2 or 1/8 tsp.) contains: Bovine liver, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, black currant juice, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, porcine duodenum, defatted wheat germ, eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), nutritional yeast, organic carrot, wheat germ oil, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, veal bone PMG™ extract, bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract, organic pea vine juice powder, rice bran, bovine adrenal, bovine kidney, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, sea salt, oat flour, bovine orchic extract, bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, sunflower lecithin, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, kelp, and manganese glycerophosphate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 9 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
When we discovered our just over six month old BC pup had "poor" rated hips, it was a no brainer to turn to the supplements that I have been using myself for nearly thirty years, Standard Process. She is now 22 months old and has been on the Canine Flex Support as well as the Canine Musculoskeletal Support since our discovery. She has grown out of the "clunking/clicking" sound of her hips, some of which may just have been that she did grow much too quickly and has no indication at all of any issues. She is exceedingly athletic, herds, walks, swims, plays, and runs and jumps like a deer. All of her check ups indicate that she's in fabulous shape. For whatever your supplemental need, I would suggest that a Standard Process product would be your best bet.
Verified : Yes
I am very happy with the Standard Process Canine Dermal Support Supplement. It makes a visible difference in my dog's skin and fur.
Verified : Yes
Standard Process is a very high quality brand that I have used for my human supplements for the last 15 years. I am thrilled to discover that they offer pet supplements! It comes with a scoop for measuring, which is fantastic and helpful. I would definitely recommend this for your furbaby.
Verified : Yes
Prior to my vet recommending this product my dogs skin was dry flakey and he was constantly scratching himself due to his dermal conditions. He's been on this product for 8 years has a much shinier coat and no flakey dry skin condition. It works!
Verified : Yes
I have a 11 lb Havanese. She's 2 years old and recently had double knee surgery. This product has been soon helpful in her recovery. Standard Process puts out such amazing products. I have been using multiple products from their line for years with MUCH success, so I was thrilled to find they now have a pet line! I wouldn't use anything else on my puppy. She will continue on this product daily forever.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.