Standard Process Canine Enteric Support | Optimized Digestion For Dogs
Canine Enteric Support Benefits
- Significantly reduce gassiness / flatulence
- Can decrease food allergies
- Smaller stool deposits
- Improve digestion
- Reduces the work-load on the pancreas
- Balances intestinal motility
- Regulate stomach acidity
- Detox potential toxins and intestinal residues
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use This Enteric Support Supplement In Cases Of:
- Gassiness / flatulence occurring longer than 1 week in dogs 1 - 9 years of age or 2 weeks in dogs older than 10 years of age
- Obstruction / foreign body surgical removal
- Chronic constipation
- Observation of undigested food in stool
- Coprophagy (eating poop)
- Leaky Gut
- Food allergies
- Administration of steroids
- Long Courses of antibiotics
- Food changes like the transition to raw
- Intermittent events of diarrhea or constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Healing after significant GI parasite load
- Gastric reflux or administration of antacids
- “Trash can” gut
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Conditions such as coprophagy (eating poop), eating dirt and grass and eating other weird things like sticks, bark, mulch, and rocks can be an external sign of digestive dysfunction. Optimizing digestion and enteric health can help almost any disease condition.
More About Canine Enteric Support
A healthy digestive tract is critical to overall health and well-being. In addition to breakdown and absorption of nutrients, digestive health can also have a significant impact on other body systems (immune system, liver, bone marrow, or adrenal glands).
Canine Enteric Support contains a variety of functional foods, both plant and animal, that "feed" the various components of the digestive system to:
- Provide general digestive system support*
- Support the ability of intestinal cells to function, regenerate, and respond to daily metabolic and immune challenges*
Indications For Use:
- General enteric support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
- Hepatic patients in need of additional enteric support
Suggested Use: Stated amounts depend on dose.
|Servings per Container: 70|
|Amount per Serving: Depends on dose|
|Porcine stomach, L-glutamine, porcine duodenum, porcine jejunum, defatted wheat (germ), bovine liver, veal bone PMG™ extract, organic dried alfalfa (aerial parts) juice, bovine parotid PMG™ extract, bovine kidney, nutritional yeast, bovine liver PMG™ extract, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, organic dried pea (vine) juice, bovine pancreas Cytosol™ extract, carrot (root), oat flour, organic reishi mushroom powder, organic shiitake mushroom powder, bovine orchic extract, rice (bran), bovine pancreas PMG™ extract, purified bovine bile salts, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), licorice (root), wheat (germ) oil, organic dried swiss chard (beet leaf) juice, organic beet (root), calcium glycerophosphate, chlorophyll extract, bovine parathyroid, and bovine pituitary PMG™ extract.|
Phosphorus 1 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
Sodium 4 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
Phosphorus 5 mg / 1/2 teaspoon
Sodium 12 mg / 1/2 teaspoon
Vitamin B2 7 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
Niacin 50 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
Vitamin B2 30 mcg / 1/2 teaspoon
Niacin 0.2 mcg / 1/2 teaspoon
How to Administer
Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the formula according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
|1-10 lbs||1/8 teaspoon once per day|
|11-20 lbs||1/8 teaspoon twice per day|
|21-40 lbs||1/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|41-60 lbs||1/2 teaspoon twice per day|
|61-80 lbs||3/4 teaspoon twice per day|
|>80 lbs||1 teaspoon twice per day|
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from superfoods, they are "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.