Standard Process Canine Dermal Support | Healthy Skin & Coat
Canine Dermal Support Supplement Benefits:
- Decrease in excessive shedding
- Reduce frequency of anal gland blockage and infection
- Improve overall skin and coat
- Easier healing of long term skin conditions
- Softer, shinier coat
- Protects against recurrent yeast and bacterial infection
- Faster healing of hot spots
- Can reduce the need for systemic oral antibiotics for skin disease
- Decline of chronic itching
- Restoration of skin hydration
- Vitamin and mineral support for allergies and sensitivities
- Improves health of immune system, adrenal glands, and liver
- Protection against external parasites
- Minimization of seasonal allergies
- Faster healing of skin injuries
- Support for autoimmune conditions like lupus and pemphigus foliaceus
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use This Dermal Support Supplement In Cases Of:
- Allergies or hypersensitivities
- Post-Op incisions
- Anal gland impactions, infections or rupture
- Chronic, recurrent ear infections
- Poor hair growth or thinning of coat
- Extended healing times
- Skunk sprays and porcupine encounters
- Suture reactions
- Side effects or burns caused by topical medications such as flea treatments
- Decrease of dry, flaky skin aka “dandruff”
- Autoimmune conditions
- Hair loss due to hormonal imbalances
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Sometimes we don’t think of anal glands as part of a dog’s “skin”. However, the health of the glands and tissue around the rectum is closely related to the epidermis. I have found this dermal supplement to provide tremendous support in healing cases of recurrent anal gland problems. Standard Process Canine Dermal Support is often beneficial in recovering from multiple treatments of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.
More About Canine Dermal Support
Nutrition plays a major role in skin health. Healthy skin is a result of a well-functioning, synchronized effort by tissues and organs in the body.
Canine Dermal Support contains whole-food ingredients to help:
- Maintain proper liver, adrenal, immune, and intestinal function*
- Support and maintain the skin's ability to withstand the effects of environmental exposure*
Indications for Use:
- General skin health
- General digestive system health, adrenal gland health, or immune system health
- Servings per Container: 65
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 level teaspoon) contains: Ingredients: Bovine liver, L-glutamine, New Zealand green mussel (Perna canaliculus) (shellfish), milk thistle extract (80% silymarins), bovine kidney, defatted wheat germ, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, amla extract, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, bovine liver fat extract, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, calcium lactate, maltodextrin, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic carrot, bovine liver PMG™ extract, nutritional yeast, porcine jejunum, organic SP beet blend (organic swiss chard juice powder, organic beet (root), organic beet (leaf) juice powder), black currant juice, porcine stomach, betaine hydrochloride, bovine parotid PMG™ extract, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, oat flour, porcine brain, bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract, dandelion (root) (Taraxacum officinale), inositol, purified bovine bile salts, bovine bone, organic buckwheat (aerial parts), Spanish moss (Tillandsiausneoides), and organic pea vine.
Guaranteed Analysis: Zinc (min) 14 mcg / 1/8 tsp.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
How to Administer
Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from super-foods, they are "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
What our patients say:
I am very happy with the Standard Process Canine Dermal Support Supplement. It makes a visible difference in my dog's skin and fur. I've tried some of the other supplements from SP and from other companies too and they don't work as well for my dog.
Verified : Yes
Prior to my vet recommending this product my dogs skin was dry flakey and he was constantly scratching himself due to his dermal conditions. He's been on this product for 8 years has a much shinier coat and no flakey dry skin condition. It works!
Verified : Yes
Standard Process is a very high quality brand that I have used for my human supplements for the last 15 years. I am thrilled to discover that they offer pet supplements! It comes with a scoop for measuring, which is fantastic and helpful. I would definitely recommend this for your furbaby.
Verified : Yes
really big bottle and smells quite meaty, so very alluring to the dogs. seems to be doing a lot of good for their skin so far. can with a small scoop, and i just add it into their food.
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.