Standard Process Canine Cardiac Support | Heart Health For Dogs
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Cardiac Support For:
- Heart murmurs
- Valve disorders
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Blood circulation disfunction, such as cool paws
- Congestive heart failure
- Heartworm Infections & Treatment
- Blood vessel fragility
- Splotchy skin colors
- Long-term management of heartworm infection and tick-borne diseases
Canine Cardiac Support Benefits
- High palatability for both dogs and cats
- Supports strong heart muscle
- Can improve circulation and oxygenation of tissues and brain
- Supports a stable blood pressure
- An abundant source of taurine
- May assist in the elimination of systemic inflammation
- Better circulation can lead to a reduction of cardiac based coughing and hacking
- Source of critical or deficient minerals and vitamins
- Support of the strengthening of muscles associated with urinary incontinence
- Nutritional supplements can stimulate life-changing improvements for senior dogs
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Small dogs often get heart murmurs in their senior years. This may display as cloudiness or confusion or almost dementia-like symptoms. It can also result in most of the time spent sleeping. I have seen many small dogs regain energy and playfulness when adding this heart support supplement. In some cases, this nutritional support may reduce the progression of those heart murmur conditions.
More About Canine Cardiac Support
Canine Immune System Support provides nutrients that:
- Support optimal cardiac function
- Support normal function of the muscle-cells*
Indications for Use:
- General cardiac support
- Patients with increased cardiac demand or conditions that increase cardiac workload
How to Administer
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 tsp. or 1/2 tsp.) contains: L-carnitine, bovine liver, bovine heart PMG™ extract, rice bran, bovine kidney, bovine orchic extract, organic beet (root), defatted wheat germ, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, selenium yeast, ribonucleic acid, wheat germ oil, bovine pancreas Cytosol™ extract, veal bone PMG™ extract, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, calcium lactate, hawthorn (berry), organic carrot, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, nutritional yeast, organic pea vine juice powder, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), oat flour, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, inositol, choline bitartrate, porcine brain, and ascorbic acid.
Guaranteed Analysis: Calcium (min) 0.3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Sodium (max) 3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Selenium (min) 4 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
I have used Standard Process’s products for almost ten years with all my Boston Terriers and I can say that they truly work. The Canine Cardiac Formula has helped with my 13 year old who has a grade 3 heart murmur. She was just recently put on heart medications but this heart support powder gave us almost another year before we had to conventionally treat her. Currently we are still giving this to her with the traditional medicine and she is doing great! Sassy as ever! Highly recommend!
Verified : Yes
Our female whippet was prescribed Canine Cardiac Support for her heart murmur. We have used previous products by Standard Process and Journey's Holistic Life is by far the best company that we have dealt with for Canine Cardiac Support. Love the auto-ship so we don't have to remember to order every month!
Verified : Yes
Our 14 year old furbaby was diagnosed a year ago with a heart murmur. We immediately found a holistic vet that put her on this. Before she started taking this, she seemed to stay tired. After about a week, maybe week and half. She started to pick her pace up, seemed to be sleeping better and feeling better too.
Verified : Yes
This stuff really works. My 15 year old chihuahua was dying from chf and wasn’t responding to meds. I took her off the meds and started giving her canine support along with hawthorn/dandelion extract and a sodium free home made dog food. This product helped her tremendously. It has been 22 months since she was diagnosed and is doing way better. Typically a dog with chf will live only 4-14 months after diagnosis. She is about to make it to the 2 year mark. Worth every penny!!!
Verified : Yes
Our 14 yr. Old boxer pit mix was slowing down and noticed her coughing due to her heart. We researched and found this product as we love Standard Process products. In just a few days of using this product, we noticed our baby had more energy and wasn’t coughing. She loves the taste and she is picky. I would definitely purchase this if your baby is having heart troubles. The ingredients are excellent too!!! Thank you Standard Process for always producing quality products!!!
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Canine Cardiac Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
How much Canine Cardiac Support should my dog take?
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
Where to buy Standard Process Canine Cardiac Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Canine Cardiac Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Canine Cardiac Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.