Standard Process Canine Cardiac Support | Heart Health For Dogs
I've been using Standard Process Canine Cardiac Support for a little over 5 years now. It took me awhile to try it because I thought "What could this powder do for patients with heart disease?" It turns out that the cardiovascular system is one of the most responsive systems to nutrition.
Heart disease puts extra stress on your dog's body. They need extra support to keep their heart strong. This collection of superfoods provides an abundant supply of minerals and vitamins needed for cardiac health.
If you want to read my full product review which includes ingredient benefits and other FAQs check out my article HERE. (Just FYI: This link will take you to my veterinary practice website)
I have seen the amazing results that this product can produce. It can have a quick beneficial response. I use it in ALL of my cardiac cases and it makes a big difference. I also use it daily for my little dog 'Jak' who is 18 years old and has had heart issues his whole life.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Cardiac Support For:
- Heart murmurs
- Valve disorders
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Blood circulation disfunction, such as cool paws
- Congestive heart failure
- Heartworm Infections & Treatment
- Blood vessel fragility
- Splotchy skin colors
- Long-term management of heartworm infection and tick-borne diseases
Canine Cardiac Support Benefits
- High palatability for both dogs and cats
- Supports strong heart muscle
- Can improve circulation and oxygenation of tissues and brain
- Supports a stable blood pressure
- An abundant source of taurine
- May assist in the elimination of systemic inflammation
- Better circulation can lead to a reduction of cardiac based coughing and hacking
- Source of critical or deficient minerals and vitamins
- Support of the strengthening of muscles associated with urinary incontinence
- Nutritional supplements can stimulate life-changing improvements for senior dogs
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Small dogs often get heart murmurs in their senior years. This may display as cloudiness or confusion or almost dementia-like symptoms. It can also result in most of the time spent sleeping. I have seen many small dogs regain energy and playfulness when adding this heart support supplement. In some cases, this nutritional support may reduce the progression of those heart murmur conditions.
More About Canine Cardiac Support
The heart is at the center of the cardiovascular system, which is a complex, coordinated group of organs and tissues. Nutritional support for the cardiovascular system also includes the other organs that support the heart such as the liver, kidneys, and digestive system.
Canine Immune System Support provides nutrients that:
- Support optimal cardiac function
- Support normal function of the muscle-cells*
Indications for Use:
- General cardiac support
- Patients with increased cardiac demand or conditions that increase cardiac workload
How to Administer
Dose Schedule:Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 tsp. or 1/2 tsp.) contains: L-carnitine, bovine liver, bovine heart PMG™ extract, rice bran, bovine kidney, bovine orchic extract, organic beet (root), defatted wheat germ, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, selenium yeast, ribonucleic acid, wheat germ oil, bovine pancreas Cytosol™ extract, veal bone PMG™ extract, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, calcium lactate, hawthorn (berry), organic carrot, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, nutritional yeast, organic pea vine juice powder, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), oat flour, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, inositol, choline bitartrate, porcine brain, and ascorbic acid.
Guaranteed Analysis: Calcium (min) 0.3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Sodium (max) 3 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Selenium (min) 4 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
I have used Standard Process’s products for almost ten years with all my Boston Terriers and I can say that they truly work. The Canine Cardiac Formula has helped with my 13 year old who has a grade 3 heart murmur. She was just recently put on heart medications but this heart support powder gave us almost another year before we had to conventionally treat her. Currently we are still giving this to her with the traditional medicine and she is doing great! Sassy as ever! Highly recommend!
Verified : Yes
Our female whippet was prescribed Canine Cardiac Support for her heart murmur. We have used previous products by Standard Process and Journey's Holistic Life is by far the best company that we have dealt with for Canine Cardiac Support. Love the auto-ship so we don't have to remember to order every month!
Verified : Yes
Our 14 year old furbaby was diagnosed a year ago with a heart murmur. We immediately found a holistic vet that put her on this. Before she started taking this, she seemed to stay tired. After about a week, maybe week and half. She started to pick her pace up, seemed to be sleeping better and feeling better too.
Verified : Yes
This stuff really works. My 15 year old chihuahua was dying from chf and wasn’t responding to meds. I took her off the meds and started giving her canine support along with hawthorn/dandelion extract and a sodium free home made dog food. This product helped her tremendously. It has been 22 months since she was diagnosed and is doing way better. Typically a dog with chf will live only 4-14 months after diagnosis. She is about to make it to the 2 year mark. Worth every penny!!!
Verified : Yes
Our 14 yr. Old boxer pit mix was slowing down and noticed her coughing due to her heart. We researched and found this product as we love Standard Process products. In just a few days of using this product, we noticed our baby had more energy and wasn’t coughing. She loves the taste and she is picky. I would definitely purchase this if your baby is having heart troubles. The ingredients are excellent too!!! Thank you Standard Process for always producing quality products!!!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.