Canine Hepatic Support By Standard Process | Naturally Healthy Liver For Dogs
Canine Hepatic Support by Standard Process is one of the best liver support supplements available in the US. I've been using this product for over 7 years and I have figured out when this product can be helpful. With liver disease cases, I run a lot of recheck blood work. There have been countless times when I put a dog on Hepatic Support and their liver values get better and often go back into normal range.
Sometimes "liver stuff" can be complicated, so if you need some extra help feel free to check out our consult page.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Hepatic Support For:
- Congenital and acquired liver shunts
- Toxic events like eating chocolate or grapes
- Atopy and allergies
- Loose and mucoid stools
- Incomplete digestion
- Pets on medications
- Yellow or light colored stool
- Chronic skin disease
- Vomiting of bile
- Bad breath with an absence of dental disease
Canine Hepatic Support Benefits
- Normal and regular bowel movements
- Reduce metabolic stress of drugs and surgery
- Detox from everyday toxins
- Balance thyroid hormone levels
- Improved digestions
- Reduce filtration workload on the kidneys
- Removes itch promoting histamine
- Replenish supplies of fat-soluble vitamins
- Correct absorption and excretion of minerals
- Optimize repair of liver cells
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Added support for the immune system
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: Any condition where liver enzyme levels are elevated will benefit from Standard Process Hepatic Support. I have also seen that any case with the presence of whole-body inflammation (such as cloudy eyes, arthritis, or atopy) can heal the body faster and increase pet comfort when liver support is administered.
More About Canine Hepatic System Support
The liver is a complex organ that interacts with most organs in the body, including the intestinal tract, cardiovascular system, kidneys, and autonomic nervous system. Nutritional support for the liver must address these interactions to be effective.
Canine Hepatic System Support is formulated to:
- Liver metabolism*
- Hepatic circulation
- Bile production and flow
- Hepatic immune function*
Indications for Use:
- General hepatic support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
How to Administer
Dose Schedule:Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/2 or 1/8 tsp.) contains: Ingredients: Bovine liver PMG™ extract, bovine kidney, porcine duodenum, porcine stomach, veal bone PMG™ extract, porcine jejunum, wheat germ oil, defatted wheat germ, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, bovine heart PMG™ extract, bovine liver, bovine orchic extract, ribonucleic acid, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, organic SP beet blend (organic swiss chard juice powder, organic beet (root), organic beet (leaf) juice powder), calcium lactate, organic reishi mushroom powder, organic shiitake mushroom powder, ginkgo biloba (whole leaf), nutritional yeast, rice bran, black currant seed oil, dandelion (root) (Taraxacum officinale), milk thistle extract (80% silymarins), oat flour, bovine liver fat extract (yakriton), New Zealand green mussel (Perna canaliculus), calcium glycerophosphate, L-glutamine, selenium yeast, zinc amino acid (rice) chelate, organic Brussels sprouts (aerial parts), organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, porcine brain, bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), betaine hydrochloride, magnesium lactate, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, choline bitartrate, inositol, and ascorbic acid.
Guaranteed Analysis: Calcium (min) 0.6 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Magnesium (min) 200 mcg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
This product has done a great job keeping my three dogs liver enzymes down and the journey's holistic life company is great with service and price.
Verified : Yes
The Canine Hepatic Support powder works well for my dog. Her liver function has improved significantly since she started using this.
Verified : Yes
Was prescribed by our veterinarian when my dog began to suffer from gallbladder issues. Works like a charm! She’s a super picky eater and she never detects that it’s added to her food, so it must not have a taste or odor.
Verified : Yes
Canine Hepatic Support is, as you may guess, a liver medication. Our dog got into something when she was little (we suspect grapes) and did some damage to her liver. We started this supplement shortly thereafter and we have had steady improvements in her liver enzymes and overall health since.
Verified : Yes
This was very effective in normalizing our JRT's liver levels. Highly recommend!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.