Standard Process Canine Renal Support | Kidney Health For Dogs
Kidney disease can be scary. You get the bloodwork results, you get a serious talk with a vet. Conventional vets can sometimes be kinda negative when they discuss this type of illness. And all the terminology sounds horrible....."failure", "disease", "chronic", "stage 3" what? On top of that, the only treatment that they recommend is that you buy an expensive bag of food that smells like old french fries. Sound familiar?
I've been treating pets with kidney disease with natural supplements for years. And with the right plan, your pup can FEEL BETTER and those blood test values can decrease significantly. The supplement that I use the most is called Canine Renal Support and it is made by Standard Process
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Renal Support For:
- Kidney disease
- Urinary bladder crystals and stones
- Liver dysfunction
- Kidney stones
- Chronic renal failure
- Chronic UTIs
- Toxin ingestion
Canine Renal Support Benefits
- Prevention of urinary tract infections
- Improve body detoxification
- Aids in the prevention of urinary bladder stones
- Maintain optimal hydration
- Reduction of urinary incontinence severity
- Reduce progression of current kidney disease
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
DR. CANDY'S PRO-TIP:In early kidney disease, by adding this supplement and adjusting diet protein quality can often display blood chemistry values that indicate kidney function improvement. I focus on protein quality, not quantity, and use canned food and other hydration techniques.
More About Canine Renal System Support
For renal challenges, not only should the kidneys be supported but consideration should also be given to support of the liver, cardiovascular system, and autonomic nervous system.
Canine Renal System Support is formulated to:
- Provides support for the normal function of the kidneys
- Supports the liver, cardiovascular system, and autonomic nervous system*
Indications for Use:
- Patients in need of renal support
- Hepatic patients in need of additional renal support
How to Administer
Dose Schedule:Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
A 1/8 tsp scoop is included with the small canine powder bottles, and a 1/2 tsp scoop is included with the large canine powder bottles.
Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution:This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 tsp. or 1/2 tsp.) contains: Bovine kidney, organic kidney bean (aerial parts) juice powder, oat flour, bovine liver, ribonucleic acid, veal bone, nutritional yeast, bovine orchic Cytosol™ extract, organic beet (root), organic pea vine juice powder, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, bovine kidney PMG™ extract, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, rice bran, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), organic carrot, black currant seed oil, wheat germ oil, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, kelp, bovine adrenal, blackcurrant juice, maltodextrin, enzymatically processed Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides) and beet (root), bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, manganese glycerophosphate, and organic beet (leaf) juice powder.
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 5 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Chloride (min) 2.5 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
My 16 year old chihuahua is in need of this supplement and I mix it in with his wet food. I think he actually likes his wet food more with this in it. No tummy issues for him and his vet says his kidney levels are looking good! I will keep this in his diet!
Verified : Yes
My golden has been on Canine Renal Support for a few years. This supplement has made a difference with his CRF....his numbers on his bloodwork has stabilized.
Verified : Yes
This has really helped my little Italian Greyhound with her PLN. She's fed really well with cooked chicken, veggies and supplements but I'm still giving her this as an extra boost. So far it's been great news at the vet, every 2 months when we go check her urine for protein, and it's going down!!!! Her blood work is also better and better each time! Been using this for over 6 months now and couldn't be more happy with it
Verified : Yes
My dog is 14 and in kidney failure. He's done beautifully on this product!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.