Standard Process Canine Renal Support | Kidney Health For Dogs
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Renal Support For:
- Kidney disease
- Urinary bladder crystals and stones
- Liver dysfunction
- Kidney stones
- Chronic renal failure
- Chronic UTIs
- Toxin ingestion
Canine Renal Support Benefits
- Prevention of urinary tract infections
- Improve body detoxification
- Aids in the prevention of urinary bladder stones
- Maintain optimal hydration
- Reduction of urinary incontinence severity
- Reduce progression of current kidney disease
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
DR. CANDY'S PRO-TIP: In early kidney disease, by adding this supplement and adjusting diet protein quality can often display blood chemistry values that indicate kidney function improvement. I focus on protein quality, not quantity, and use canned food and other hydration techniques.
More About Canine Renal System Support
Canine Renal System Support is formulated to:
- Provides support for the normal function of the kidneys
- Supports the liver, cardiovascular system, and autonomic nervous system*
Indications for Use:
- Patients in need of renal support
- Hepatic patients in need of additional renal support
How to Administer
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 tsp. or 1/2 tsp.) contains: Bovine kidney, organic kidney bean (aerial parts) juice powder, oat flour, bovine liver, ribonucleic acid, veal bone, nutritional yeast, bovine orchic Cytosol™ extract, organic beet (root), organic pea vine juice powder, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, bovine kidney PMG™ extract, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, rice bran, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), organic carrot, black currant seed oil, wheat germ oil, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, kelp, bovine adrenal, blackcurrant juice, maltodextrin, enzymatically processed Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides) and beet (root), bovine pituitary PMG™ extract, fat soluble extract from alfalfa (leaf) and sunflower seed, manganese glycerophosphate, and organic beet (leaf) juice powder.
Guaranteed Analysis: Sodium (max) 5 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Chloride (min) 2.5 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
My 16 year old chihuahua is in need of this supplement and I mix it in with his wet food. I think he actually likes his wet food more with this in it. No tummy issues for him and his vet says his kidney levels are looking good! I will keep this in his diet!
Verified : Yes
My golden has been on Canine Renal Support for a few years. This supplement has made a difference with his CRF....his numbers on his bloodwork has stabilized.
Verified : Yes
This has really helped my little Italian Greyhound with her PLN. She's fed really well with cooked chicken, veggies and supplements but I'm still giving her this as an extra boost. So far it's been great news at the vet, every 2 months when we go check her urine for protein, and it's going down!!!! Her blood work is also better and better each time! Been using this for over 6 months now and couldn't be more happy with it
Verified : Yes
My dog is 14 and in kidney failure. He's done beautifully on this product!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Canine Renal Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
How much Canine Renal Support should my dog take?
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
Where to buy Standard Process Canine Renal Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Canine Renal Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Canine Renal Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.