Standard Process Canine Thyroid Support | Hormone Balance For Dogs
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use Canine Thyroid Support For:
- Balances multiple hormone systems
- Increased energy and metabolism (if needed)
- Weight loss (if needed)
- Improved mood
- Modulates your pet’s own thyroid hormone manufacturing
- Faster physical recovery, especially skin and muscles
- May help neutralize auto-immune component of thyroid disease
- Packed with whole complex vitamins and minerals
- Thicker hair coat and decreased shedding
- Outstanding source of complete vitamins the way nature intended
- Easier to absorb natural forms of vitamins and minerals
Canine Thyroid Support Benefits
- Hypothyroidism (mostly dogs)
- Severe stress and anxiety
- Hyperthyroidism (mostly cats)
- Thyroid gland hyperplasia
- Post thyroidectomy
DR. CANDY'S PRO-TIP:I use Standard Process Canine Thyroid Support in most of my thyroid cases. It helps in cases of high thyroid (mostly cats) and low thyroid (mostly dogs). This supplement does not stimulate or suppress thyroid hormone production, it only helps to heal the glandular tissue and balance what your pet needs.
More About Canine Thyroid System Support
Canine Thyroid System Support is formulated to:
- Provides critical trace nutrient support for the thyroid gland*
- Supports glands and tissues that interact with the thyroid, including the adrenals and liver
- Supports all aspects of thyroid function*
Indications for Use:
- General thyroid support
- Patients with increased metabolic demand
How to Administer
Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1/8 tsp. or 1/2 tsp.) contains: Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), bovine liver, bovine orchic extract, bovine adrenal, bovine thyroid PMG™ extract (processed to substantially remove its thyroxine), green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) (shellfish), Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), calcium lactate, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, sunflower lecithin, porcine ovary PMG™ extract, organic shiitake mushroom powder, organic reishi mushroom powder, organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder, organic buckwheat flour, kelp, wheat germ oil, bovine bone, rice bran, organic pea vine juice powder, defatted wheat germ, organic alfalfa (aerial parts) juice powder, bovine heart PMG™ extract, ribonucleic acid, porcine duodenum, oat flour, porcine brain, calcium glycerophosphate, and ascorbic acid.
Guaranteed Analysis: Calcium (min) 2 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Phosphorus (min) 1.25 mg / 1/8 teaspoon, Sodium (max) 6 mg / 1/8 teaspoon
What our patients say:
Game changer. Excellent supplement and no more wasted money, time, anxiety at the vet for me and my 17 year old dog!
Verified : Yes
My middle aged and spayed Boston Terrier was showing a small decline in thyroid performance so my vet suggested this supplement. Latest blood test shows good levels now.
Verified : Yes
I have been giving this to my dog Jack for 3 weeks now......AMAZING! Jack has hypothyroidism and had all the typical symptoms, lethargic, muscle/joint pain, dull brittle hair, and severe hair Los on his hind end and tail. It's a miracle! His hair is growing back in (yes, that quick). His hair is looking healthier, and he is even trotting around with a happy dog look on his face! This product is well worth the cost
Verified : Yes
This product was recommended to me by my holistic vet for my Papillon who has Hashimoto's disease. I have been using it for about four years, she is 13 years old and acts like a puppy. I would definitely recommend it before trying medications.
Verified : Yes
My dog as diagnosed hypothyroidism. He use to sleep all day almost. I hated it. The prescription he was given did not help much. I bought this product an he is energetic and back to his old busy, active Beagle self.
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Canine Thyroid Support?
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
How much Canine Thyroid Support should my dog take?
- 1-10 lbs 1/8 teaspoon once per day
- 11-20 lbs 1/8 teaspoon twice per day
- 21-40 lbs ¼ teaspoon twice per day
- 41-60 lbs ½ teaspoon twice per day
- 61-80 lbs ¾ teaspoon twice per day
- > 80 lbs 1 teaspoon twice per day
Where to buy Standard Process Canine Thyroid Support?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Canine Thyroid Support expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Canine Thyroid Support to work?
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.