Calcium Lactate by Standard Process- The Power of Calcium: Boosting Your Immunity and More
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
About Calcium Lactate By Standard Process
- Supports muscle and nerve function
- Supports normal functions of cells and cell membranes
- Supports normal blood clotting process
- Supports proper functioning of enzyme systems
- Supports and helps maintain healthy bone density and remodeling
- Provides support in the immune system response function*
- Adequate calcium as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis in later life
- Excellent source of calcium
- Good source of magnesium
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, non-dairy, non-soy
Why Calcium Lactate Works
Calcium Lactate for Maintaining Healthy Bone Density
Calcium Lactate for Immune System Health
Does lactate come from milk?
Main Benefits of Calcium Lactate by Standard Process:
- Promotes strong bones: Calcium lactate is a natural source of calcium which is essential for strong bones and teeth. It helps in maintaining bone density and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Supports muscle function: Calcium is important for muscle function as it helps muscles contract and relax properly. Adequate calcium intake may help reduce muscle cramps and stiffness.
- Promotes cardiovascular health: Calcium plays a role in maintaining a healthy heart and blood vessels. Adequate calcium intake may help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Helps with nerve function: Calcium is important for nerve function as it helps transmit signals between the brain and the rest of the body. Adequate calcium intake may help reduce the risk of nerve-related disorders.
Dr. Candy and Other Practitioners Use Calcium Lactate For:
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a condition where bones become weak and brittle, making them more susceptible to fractures. Calcium lactate is a natural source of calcium which can help maintain bone density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Muscle cramps: Muscle cramps are painful involuntary contractions of muscles that can be caused by a variety of factors, including electrolyte imbalances. Adequate calcium and magnesium intake can quickly help reduce the risk of muscle cramps.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is a common condition that can lead to serious health problems. Adequate calcium intake may help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of these conditions.
- Nerve-related disorders: Calcium is important for nerve function as it helps transmit signals between the brain and the rest of the body. Adequate calcium intake may help reduce the risk of nerve-related disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
- Parathyroid disorders: Calcium absorption problems, due to central hormonal cycle imbalances.
Calcium Lactate Side Effects:
Little to no side effects are reported for the majority of users. A few users mentioned a stomach ache when large doses are taken on an empty stomach. If you experience this side effect, decrease your dose to only one tablet, or even half a tablet, and then slowly increase back up to your maintenance dose recommended by your holistic practitioner.
Where Do I Buy Standard Process Calcium Lactate?
- You can buy Standard Process products on this page.
- No exam, consult, or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candice Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account.
- Additionally we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Is Standard Process Calcium Lactate gluten free?
Yes, Calcium Lactate, manufactured by Standard Process is gluten free. It is also Dairy Free, Soy Free, Non-Grain, Vegetarian, and Vegan. Standard Process products that are ‘gluten free’ have been laboratory tested to meet all of the requirements of the USDA.
Supplement Facts and Ingredients:
3 tablets contain:
-Total Carbohydrate 1 g
-Calcium 260 mg
-Magnesium 50 mg
Calcium Lactate Ingredients: Calcium lactate, magnesium citrate, and calcium stearate.
Suggested Use: Three tablets per day, or as directed.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (3 Tablets) contains: Calories 5, Total Carbohydrate 1 g, Calcium 260 mg, Magnesium 50 mg. Ingredients: Calcium lactate, magnesium citrate, and calcium stearate.
- Wardlaw GM, Hampl JS, DiSilvestro RA. Perspectives in Nutrition. 6th edition. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Higher Education; 2004.
- Committee to Review Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D and Calcium, Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2010.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM). Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1997 https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/
- Oh-hora M, Rao A. Calcium signaling in T-lymphocytes. Curr Opin Immunol. 2008 June; 20(3): 250–258.
- Schmitz C, Perraud AL. Chapter 26 - Magnesium and the Immune Response, Editor(s): James F. Collins. Molecular, Genetic, and Nutritional Aspects of Major and Trace Minerals, Academic Press, 2017, Pages 319-331.
- Al Alawi AM, Al Badi A, Al Huraizi A, Falhammar H. Chapter Six - Magnesium: The recent research and developments. Editor(s): N.A. Michael Eskin. Advances in Food and Nutrition Research, Academic Press, Volume 96, 2021, Pages 193-218
What our patients say:
Someone told us that it would help chronic coughing, we tried it and sure enough it did, even after steroid shots, inhalers, prescription from doctors did only a bandage fix.
Verified : Yes
Per my chiropractor started taking one tablet at bedtime (in addition to taking three in the morning) to relieve toe cramps. After two days my hand joints are less painful; cannot wait where else might improve. Cannot wait!!
Verified : Yes
I used this as a fever reducer on my 7 year old and I just turned it into liquid form with the medicine syringe and he drank it down with some water definitely took down his fever quick
Verified : Yes
I take these for cramps. This along with another supplement and prescription helps keep my Charley horses to a minimum.
Verified : Yes
I have a difficult time absorbing calcium. I have used this product for many years with good results
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
What are the side effects of Calcium Lactate?
No significant side effects have been reported by patients taking this supplement. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
How many Calcium Lactate should I take?
Is Calcium Lactate Gluten Free?
Where to buy Standard Process Calcium Lactate?
- You can buy this supplement from our product page rightHERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
Where do your supplements ship from?
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
Does Standard Process Calcium Lactate expire?
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
How long does it take for Calcium Lactate to work?
This depends on your initial health status and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most people see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
How fast do you ship your orders?
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.
Have a question?
Customers Also Bought:
Dr. Candy Akers
About the Author
Holistic Veterinarian, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Veterinary Medical Supervisory Board Leader, Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist, and Author Dr. Candy completed her undergraduate studies at The University of Delaware and graduated veterinary school in 2009 from Oklahoma State University. In high school, she was drawn to wildlife rehabilitation. Wildlife rehab gave her unparalleled experience in animal healing in a field that has limited resources and a wide variety of conditions to treat. Before vet school, Dr. Akers spent two years working full time providing oil spill response for wildlife all over the country. Since graduating with her Degree of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009, Dr. Candy has specialized in companion animal nutrition. Extensive education in nutrition has made her a firm believer in species specific-biologically appropriate diets. One of her passions is educating pet parents about the natural alternatives that actually work. She brings the best of holistic health and conventional medicine together in a unique approach to pet health. This approach is often applied to chronic diseases, allergies, and autoimmune conditions. She started her own veterinary practice 9 years ago in Colorado. Overall, she has dedicated her entire life to improving the health and happiness of animals everywhere.