VF Thymex for Cats and Dogs by Standard Process- Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & Ingred.
I've been using VF Thymex for at least 7 years now. I have seen the cases where this supplement produced a significant effect on my patients. I've also seen a few where I did not see an obvious or significant result. This is my personal review, based on clinical evidence and nutritional science.
VF Thymex is a great supplement if you are looking for an immune system boost. VF Thymex targets the thymus gland. The thymus gland is the "master gland" of the immune system.
This Thymex supplement is not like most other Thymus supplements on the market. VF Thymex made by Standard Process is a super concentrated cytosol extract from the cells of the thymus gland.
The concentration of this product results in a large immediate boost to the immune system.
The following information is a summary and review based on Dr. Candy’s professional experience and recommendations. Any summary or statement has not been provided nor influenced by the manufacturer.
Dr. Candy And Other Holistic Veterinarians Use VF Thymex Support For:
- Worms & Parasites
- Feline Herpes Virus
- Feline Calicivirus
- Resistant Kennel Cough
- Feline Leukemia
- Canine Influenza
- High Parasite Load
- Kennel Cough/ Bordetella
- Recurrent Infections
- Sick puppies and kittens
Other VF Thymex Benefits:
- Drain swollen lymph nodes
- Quick boost to immune system
- Powerful during the early days of infection, before antibodies develop
- Delivers strength to the white blood cells
- Helps clean up tissue damage
- Very effective for lung infections like pneumonia
- Promotes edema resolution and lymphatic draining
Dr. Candy's Pro-Tip: I have seen extremely fast recovery from infections in puppies when I use Standard Process Canine Immune Support. I believe it allows for lower doses of antibiotics and other medications. I use it in all of my rescue puppies and kittens.
More About Canine Immune System Support
Quantity per Container: 90 TabletsVF Thymex for Pets from Standard Process supports a healthy thymus gland, the master gland of the immune system. Nutrition is a powerful tool to support your pet's immune system health.
- Can be used in combination with other immune system support products
- Good source of antioxidant vitamin C
Indications for Use:
- Patients in need of additional immune system support
- Patients in need of generalized trophic immune system support
- Patients with short-term or ongoing immune system challenges
How to Administer
Dose Schedule: Based on body weight, the canine patient should receive the canine formula powder according to the following recommendations, or as otherwise directed.
Since these supplements are made from super foods, they are very "rich". This allows us to use small doses, but sometimes when adding a brand new savory food pets can experience a soft stool for 12-24 hours. This situation balances itself but I have found that using a gradual taper greatly reduces the chance of loose stool.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Nutrients & Ingredients: Each Serving Size (1 tablet) contains: Ingredients: Calcium lactate, bovine thymus Cytosol™ extract, magnesium citrate, and ascorbic acid. Other Ingredients: Cellulose and calcium stearate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* (min) 5 mg / tablet
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog or Cat Food Nutrient Profile.
What our patients say:
My dog developed valley fever symptoms literally in 2 days as it attacked her spine. She couldn't walk. I thought I would have to put her down. Took her to the vet and theyPrescribed compound fluconozole. 2 weeks and no progress I thought this was the end. I was still carrying her everywhere. I got a referral to a different vet that specializes in valley fever and he prescribed HUMAN GRADE fluconozole (absorbs better and faster) standard process THYMEX and Canine immune support system. She was up and walking in 3 days! Standard process literally saved my dogs life. After Reading some of these reviews I am now going to order for myself as I have a thyroid issue that could use a little support.
Verified : Yes
My vet sold these to me (for a higher price than on Amazon) for my little boy Elliott. His fur was separating and lackluster. I gave him 2-3 daily and within 2-3 weeks, his fur looked gorgeous again. The fur separating was a sign that what was going on inside wasn't great either. I'm purchasing more, I hope he'll devour again like he did the 1st bottle. Maybe I'll try some myself & see what they do for me.
Verified : Yes
Good for dogs. I have added 2 pills very feeding and it has improved my dog's overall health.
Verified : Yes
This product is also vet recommended to be used in conjunction with thymus. The two work really well together. They are slowing down the growth of cancer cells in my dogs tumor on her foot.
Verified : Yes
if your kitty has a drippy eye from stress or temp change, etc.,, this stuff will do the trick, one a day and they will eat it like a treat! love this stuff!
Verified : Yes
Questions & Answers
Since these nutritional supplements are made from food, there is little to no risk of side effects. The only side effect I’ve ever seen is diarrhea if the pet gets a gigantic dose. For example, if a pet eats a whole bottle. If I had a dollar for every time one of my pets ate a whole bottle, I’d have a pretty full piggy bank. Since pets love these products so much, we recommend keeping them in a cabinet or someplace that your pet cannot get to.
- 1 Tablet every 12 hours with food or as otherwise directed by your veterinarian.
- You can buy this supplement from our product page right HERE.
- No exam, consult or doctor approval is required.
- Dr. Candy Akers is a Standard Process Premier Practitioner and has an authorized healthcare provider account. We are authorized online sellers and provide high quality customer support.
- Additionally, we recommend purchasing Standard Process supplements from an authorized healthcare practitioner account, because these products are shipped directly from Standard Process. This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.
All of our supplements are shipped out directly from the Standard Process headquarters.
This ensures your products are fresh and have been stored at the correct temperature. (Products stored in warehouses of 3rd party retailers may not preserve the bio-active health supporting factors of these supplements.)
- Yes all of our supplements come with an expiration date stamped on them.
- We do not sell expired or short-dated products. Most products come with at least a 12-18 month use by date.
- You should store your products in a safe place where it is dark and cool. Keep all health supplements out of the reach of children and pets.
This depends on the initial health status of your pet and the condition being supplemented. In the case of acute illness, you may see changes within 24-48 hours. Most commonly, these changes or improvements are very subtle. In cases of complex or chronic conditions, most families see a significant improvement in 4 weeks.
Orders placed before noon on a business day are shipped the same day.
All other orders are shipped the next business day.
All orders are shipped 2-Day UPS.