ADA-Compliant Infrared Sauna (Doc Recommends) Wheel Chair
Reviewed Dr. Candy Akers
Dr. Candy Akers is an expert in holistic healing and nutrition. She specializes in whole-food nutritional supplements, cold laser therapy, and infrared sauna therapy. She helps people and pets find their path to natural healing and optimum health.
This page may include affiliate links, which means that we might receive a small commission on products you buy. This feature does not impact our recommendations. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and it allows us to continue providing informative articles about holistic care. Feel free to see the details at the bottom of the page for complete information.
Now all the benefits of infrared sauna therapy can be accessed by people in wheelchairs or that have other mobility issues. Once thought to be a luxury for rich people in spas, infrared saunas can now be used by everyone. And this is great because people that are injured or facing an illness can benefit MAJORLY from infrared sauna therapy!
My current recommendation, in 2023, is the Clearlight® Sanctuary™ Retreat 4-Person ADA-Compliant Full-Spectrum Infrared Sauna. It has all the bells and whistles and is still very affordable. To be approved for full ADA compliance, this infrared sauna has multiple features designed for ease of use and safety including but not limited to:
1. Low profile seating: The seating in the sauna is designed to be low to the ground, making it easier for people with mobility issues to get in and out of the sauna.
2. Wheelchair accessibility: The sauna is designed to be wheelchair accessible, with a wide door and enough space inside to accommodate a wheelchair.
3. Handrails: The sauna is equipped with handrails to provide support for people with mobility issues.
4. Easy to use controls: The sauna's controls are designed to be easy to use for people with limited dexterity.
5. Non-slip flooring: The sauna's flooring is designed to be non-slip, reducing the risk of falls for people with mobility issues.
6. Bench seating: The sauna has bench seating to provide support and comfort for people with disabilities.
7. Large interior: The sauna has a spacious interior to accommodate people with disabilities and assistive devices.
For your health and happiness, the Best ADA-Compliant Infrared Sauna is Clearlight® Sanctuary™ Retreat 4-Person ADA-Compliant Full-Spectrum Infrared Sauna
Why I Like It:
- Removing swelling and inflammation
- All autoimmune conditions
- Insomnia, anxiety, depression
- Infections or diabetic ulcers
- Detoxing after surgery or medication
- Pain relief (esp. joint and muscle pain)
- Designed by doctors, used by people all over the world
- Mobility ramp for safe sauna entry
- Wider glass door and removable benches make it wheelchair compliant
Control settings from your phone
Modern chromotherapy for mood and stress support
- Relieve acute and chronic pain
- Full energy all day
- Supports weight loss
- Increased collagen production
- Detox of deep body tissues
- Decreases inflammation and swelling
- Improved sleep quality
- Stronger immune protection from bacteria and viruses
For those with any health problem, always be sure to use the buddy system and have a friend or aid help you in and out of the sauna.
From The Manufacturer:
The Clearlight Sauna Difference: Clearlight infrared saunas have gained immense popularity over the recent years due to their scientifically proven medicinal and wellness benefits.
Clearlight Sanctuary™ Full-Spectrum Saunas, Voted Best Infrared Saunas in 2022
With superior craftsmanship and unparalleled innovation, the Clearlight Sanctuary™ sauna leads the industry in terms of safety and effectiveness. The advanced True Wave™ full-spectrum heating system supplies all beneficial infrared wavelengths (near, mid, and far) 100% of the time to ensure a fully optimized sauna experience. The state-of-the-art digitally controlled sauna operates in sync with the intuitive tablet/smartphone mobile application to provide every user with full sauna control from virtually anywhere.
The Safest & Most Effective Heaters in the Industry
The True Wave™ full-spectrum carbon-ceramic heaters in all Clearlight Sanctuary™ saunas deliver more than 12.5X the power of the leading competitor (500 watts versus 40 watts respectively). Clearlight's full spectrum technology provides the deepest penetration of infrared heat, allowing for the safest and most effective sauna experience. Clearlight has designed the only saunas that cancel both EMF and ELF with the best-testing record in the industry. See more information on our True Wave™ infrared heating technology and its superiority compared to other infrared sauna manufacturers.
Premium Quality & Craftsmanship
Designed by doctors and endorsed by world-renowned health practitioners and athletes, Clearlight saunas are built with the highest quality materials available. The saunas are hand-sanded and passed through several rigorous quality certifications to ensure your investment will last a lifetime. Additionally, only Clearlight Sanctuary™ saunas include a built-in ergonomic backrest and reversible ergonomic flat bench, providing ultimate comfortability. We’re so confident in the quality of our saunas that every unit comes with a lifetime warranty on every single component. Trust the best, trust Clearlight.
An Elevated Sauna Experience
Control your sauna from anywhere in the house with the Clearlight connect app on your tablet or smartphone. This also includes a "reservation mode" where you can preset the sauna to activate up to 36 hours in advance. Clearlight’s patent-pending door handle design serves as a tablet holder so you can enjoy video entertainment and streaming while receiving all the benefits of your session. All Clearlight Sanctuary™ saunas are equipped with medical-grade chromotherapy, which provides additional healing benefits of your sauna session. Last but not least, the built-in premium bluetooth Nakamichi surround sound speaker system is the icing on the cake, providing you an unparalleled immersive and euphoric experience.
- True Wave™ carbon-ceramic full-spectrum infrared heating technology
- True Wave™ far-infrared heating technology
- 12.5x more powerful heaters than the leading competitor
- EMF/ELF shielding with the lowest levels in the industry
- Doctor designed and endorsed
- Bluetooth surround sound system with premium built-in speakers
- iOS/Android smartphone control app enabled
- Complete lifetime warranty on every component
- Medical-grade chromotherapy LED lights Included
- Easy assembly with no power tools required
- Built-in phone/tablet charging & audio station.
- Built-in ergonomic backrest and reversible ergonomic flat bench
- 36-hour programmable timer and remote “reservation mode”
- “Furniture grade” cabinetry with 8mm-thick glass door & double-pane windows
The Sanctuary Retreat is available in 2 Eco-Certified wood choices:
- Mahogany Exterior/Interior
- Basswood Exterior/Interior We also use 8mm thick tempered glass and double wall tongue and groove construction.
- Depth: 61″
- Height: 81″
- Benches: Two 35″ x 22″ flat benches
- Ramp: 36″ x 28″
- Slope: 1:12 (1″ – 2.25″)
- Width: 76″
- Depth: 64.5″
- Height: 85.5″
- Weight: 780 lbs
- When building the Sanctuary Retreat into an enclosed space, we recommend leaving 2″ around the sauna.
True Wave™ far infrared heaters on back wall, side walls, under the bench, next to your calves and in the floor.
True Wave™ full spectrum heaters located on the front wall.
- 240 volts
- 3,610w watts
- 15.1 amps
- Plugs into a 240v outlet
- Plug: NEMA 6-20p